Internship Opportunity for FAU students: Wahat Al Farah For Special Needs
Do you have a passion to help? Are you interested in an overseas internship? Would you like to make a difference?
Wahat Al Farah (Oasis of Joy) is a nonprofit organization aimed at providing educational and vocational training for children and adults with special needs. We are located in North Lebanon (90 km from Beirut International Airport). Currently, we have over 150 attendees, with ages ranging from 4 to 60 years old, and suffering from mental and developmental disabilities, autism and mild cerebral palsy.
Our aim is to equip those who come to our center with the necessary skills to function in a society which has marginalized or discarded them. With a team of professionals composed of specialized educators, social workers, psychotherapists, psychomotorists, speech therapists, and occupational therapists, each individual is assessed to ensure that they benefit according to their needs. In addition, the center aims to provide social inclusion in addition to spreading awareness of disability within the community.
We offer two internship positions for a period of two months starting from February 2021 (approx. 30 h/week).
- – You should be able to work within and be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Educators and others
- – Assist the therapists and trainers with their routine tasks during the day to day operations of the center (opening hours: 8 am – 2 pm on weekdays), possibly aid with sports and vocational work
- – Degree seeking, full time student at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
- – Preferably having education, social work or psychology as part of the degree program
- – Good communication skills, both writing and oral, in either English or French
- – Some experience with working with people with special needs
- – Enthusiasm
Please note that our intern will be provided with meals. In addition, we will assist in finding accommodation.
If the internship lasts at least two months / 60 calendar days, funding is possible within the framework of the ERASMUS+ internship program. Students can receive a monthly grant of € 700 plus a contribution towards travel expenses of € 360.
For more information, please visit: https://www.fau.de/education/international/wege-ins-ausland/praxissitzhalt-im-ausland/erasmus-praxissitzhalt-in-partnerlaendern/ . After you have confirmed your internship, please contact the Central Office for International Affairs, Team Overseas via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Please submit:
- – Updated Resume / CV
- – Letter of intention or include in a brief summary in your cover letter the reasons why the position is of interest for you
- – Certificate of Enrollment
We are looking forward to your application to the following address:
Mrs. Loulou Amiouny Rouayheb
Wahat Al-Farah Association for special needs
E-mail : email@example.com